Last week we shared with you a killer breakdown of how to create a winning social media strategy. Now, while this is all super important, how can you know what social media platforms are best for your brand?
In the below infographic, StatusBrew shares significant social media stats across all major platforms that marketers should know in 2022.
Let’s break it down into a few important stats that stand out on each platform:
- 98.5% of Facebook users access the social platform on mobile devices.
- Facebook usage among teens is seen to drop gradually. While 71% of teens used the platform in 2015, the figure has now dropped to 67%.
- Video ads are seen to perform better than any other ad format on Facebook.
- In 2022, 58% of marketers plan to leverage Instagram Reels.
- 90% of Instagram users follow a business profile
- 80% of Instagram stories that contain and emphasise a call to action perform better.
- 83% of Instagram users use the platform to discover new products and services. In fact, 87% of people even took a specific action, like making a purchase, after seeing product information.
- 73% of marketers favour Instagram for influencer marketing.
- The engagement rates on Instagram are significantly higher compared to Facebook, but there tends to be fewer posts per day.
- According to HubSpot, 79% of marketers will continue investing in Twitter Spaces in 2022.
- 7.1% of all people around the world aged 13 and above use Twitter today.
- 42% of all registered Twitter users visit the platform daily.
- According to HubSpot, 44% of marketers plan to leverage YouTube for the first time in 2022.
- YouTube accounts for more than 25% of total worldwide mobile traffic.
- On mobile devices alone, YouTube reaches more adults aged 18 to 24 than any TV network.
- YouTube viewers watch 1 billion + hours of video content every day.
- The average video length on YouTube in 2021 was over 10 minutes long.
- 70% of YouTube watch time takes place on mobile devices.
- In October 2021, Marketers reached almost 790.4 million users with LinkedIn ads. This number roughly increased by 22 million (+2.9%) in the last three months.
- For B2B businesses, LinkedIn is the top paid and organic social channel.
- 82% of B2B markers find the greatest success on LinkedIn.
- Almost 46% of social media traffic to a company’s website comes from LinkedIn.
- LinkedIn’s advertising audience reach has grown by 8.8% over the past 12 months.
- The total number of people that use Pinterest every month decreased by around 10 million (-2.2%) in the last three months.
- More than 70% of Pinterest users are female.
- Users aged between 25 and 34 account for the largest share of Pinterest’s audience.
- At the end of September 2021, TikTok announced that it had passed the 1 billion monthly active user figure.
- TikTok took considerably less time to reach 1 billion active users than it took Facebook.
- Users aged between 18 to 24 account for about 45% of TikTok’s global reach.
- That means women aged 18 to 24 account for a greater share of TikTok’s audience than users of any gender aged 35 and above do.
Use the information below to plan accordingly, and take your brand to the next level.
If you need some help constructing a social media strategy that not only works, but helps you grow your audience and customer base, get in touch with us at email@example.com and we’ll talk you through the process.